Valley Community Broadcasting, known as Valley 103.1 FM, is a community-based volunteer 100-watt Low Power FM (LPFM) radio station providing programming content for Duvall, Carnation, and Redmond Ridge residing in the lower Snoqualmie valley. Valley 103.1 will provide a mix of music, talk, news, local culture, agricultural, educational, fine arts, and specialty programming to name a few. As a 501(c3) nonprofit organization, Valley 103.1 is managed by a board of directors and many local volunteers.
Valley Community Broadcasting volunteers meet every Thursday from 7pm – 9pm at the Sno-Valley Senior Center in Carnation as follows:
- Board meeting – First and Third Thursdays
- Workshops – Second and Fourth (and fifth when available) Thursdays
Our Mission Statement
Valley 103.1 Community Radio mission is to be an enjoyable and reliable source of entertainment, information, and community programming.
Valley 103.1 Core Values
Valley 103.1 is volunteer-based and community supported, with core values of:
- Volunteer-based and listener supported
- Fostering, enabling and respecting inclusion, individuality, diverse views and conversations
- Being transparent and having uncompromising integrity in our operations
- Operating in an environment that inspires personal fun and facilitates joy
What is Low Power FM?
Low Power FM (LPFM) stations are broadcast entities licensed by the FCC and are for non-commercial, non-profit community-based organizations. Since media corporations are concentrating broadcast power in fewer and fewer hands, we feel the future of independent radio serving local communities lies with LPFMs, such as KAPY Valley 103.1 Community Radio.